Monday, February 02, 2009

Best. Dinner. Ever.


On Sunday, Cozy and I hosted a small Superbowl party. Everyone was asked to bring some type of food, and I was planning on making Sloppy Joes sandwiches.

Notice I said "was" planning.
This is called foreshadowing.


I arrived home with 2 one-pound shrink-wrapped trays of ground beef, and other assorted grocery items. I had "urgent business" to attend to, and I made the mistake of leaving the bags on the living room floor, rather than putting them on the kitchen counter.

A moment later, Cozy called to me that the dog was sniffing the grocery bags. I rushed back and saw our dog Kasha happily clearing the contents of a Styrofoam tray.

"You ate a pound of ground beef?"


Then I saw the 2nd empty tray.

"TWO pounds?"


I knew it wasn't her fault. Dogs know that any food found on the ground is legally theirs. I can just imagine what went through her mind when she discovered the packages: "Oh boy, fresh kill. And I didn't have to chase it or anything! This is the best day of my life."

We didn't have Sloppy Joes at the party, but it wasn't missed. Everyone had a good time. The living room was filled with happy Steelers fans.

And in the corner, one VERY content dog.

1 Comments:

At October 26, 2010 1:31 PM , Blogger Kitt E.Furniture said...

And no annoying bones or fur!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home