Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Reply to All" means ALL


 "Angry Professor" blog entry for May 15th

 
 
"Geniuses in the registrar's office decided that all 5,000 faculty at LSU needed to be added to an unmoderated listserv.
 
Yes, you read that correctly: an unmoderated listserv. We may never understand how the office arrived at this decision, especially in consideration of the fact (announced proudly on the listserv when it sent its first broadcast this morning) that the listserv would be used infrequently to make general announcements (which we already get through the usual university e-mail broadcast system used by, yes, the registrar).
 
Every single one of 5,000 faculty members has now received several hundred messages containing short little phrases like "sign me up!" later followed by "remove me from this list" and much later by "remove me from this goddamn list you fucking idiots!" (I saved that last one, and I keep rereading it because it makes me happy.) "


 




Insert movie times and more without leaving HotmailĀ®. See how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home