Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sometimes, what happens on Twitter shouldn't stay on Twitter

 from my friend Brian:

 
Recently, a book titled *Twitter Wit* was compiled from some of the more entertaining 140-characters-or-fewer posts on the site.  Among the highlights in blurbs:
 
"The baggage carousel sounds a lot more fun than it really is."
 
"Why should I be the one to take the kids to see their psychologist? I don't even love them."
 
"Why aren't martini glasses shaped so they don't spill so easily on the bus?"


http://www.amazon.com/Twitter-Wit-Brilliance-Characters-Less/dp/0061897272

 


Ready for Fall shows? Use Bing to find helpful ratings and reviews on digital tv's. Click here.

2 Comments:

At September 16, 2009 8:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious to see whether the editors screened out twitters that were cribbed from Steven Wright and George Carlin. I think their lawyers will be right on this.

 
At September 17, 2009 9:17 AM , Blogger Silent 3 said...

> twitters that were cribbed from Steven Wright and George Carlin.



You are spot on about that!

My friend told me I should friend her brother-in-law on FB, because his status updates are soooo funny. She read me a dozen of them.

Most of them I recognized from lists of jokes that have been in email curculation for at least a decade.

Her brother in law just removed the >>>>> symbols that clogged the left margin of each joke.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home