Monday, October 19, 2009

Oh, this is gooooood.

Talk show host Glenn Beck is pursuing the owner of the domain name glennbeckrapedandmurderedayounggirlin1990.com, charging trademark violations and claiming rights to the domain. Now, the anonymous owner responds, telling an arbiter that "only an abject imbecile" could mistake the site for one of Beck's own.


Glennbeckrapedandmurderedayounggirlin1990.com turns out to be run by one Isaac Eiland-Hall. Eiland-Hall had discovered a Fark thread in which commenters picked up on a Gilbert Gottfried routine about Bob Saget raping and murdering a teenaged girl. 


They adapted it for Beck to highlight what they perceived as his habit of forcing people to explain away completely baseless charges—as when Beck interviewed Muslim Congressman Keith Ellison (D-MN) and opened with this gem: 


"And I have to tell you, I have been nervous about this interview because what I feel like saying is, sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies. And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy. But that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way."


How better to give Beck a taste of his own medicine than by wondering publicly why he has never addressed the rumor that he raped and murdered a young girl in 1990? No one's saying that Beck really did it… but if he has nothing to hide, why won't he deny the tale?









Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home