Monday, January 11, 2010

: Post Avatar Depression

from my friend Marc: 
 
Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues
 
 (CNN) -- James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.
 
A user named Mike wrote on the fan Web site "Naviblue" that he contemplated suicide after seeing the movie.
 
"Ever since I went to see 'Avatar' I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na'vi made me want to be one of them. I can't stop thinking about all the things that happened in the film and all of the tears and shivers I got from it," Mike posted. "I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in 'Avatar.' "
 

full @ http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html

  =====
 
 Perhaps every ticket to Avatar needs to be sold with a waiver, signed by the ticket buyer, which states:
 
I understand that Avatar is a movie. The Na'vi do not exist. The planet Pandora does not exist. If I become depressed or suicidal after watching this figment of someone's imagination, I freely admit I cannot tell Fantasy from Reality and that I might as well believe in Pixies and Unicorns, and I do not hold James Cameron responsible for my stupid child-like delusions.
 
 
   


Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.

1 Comments:

At January 11, 2010 7:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To those who feel depressed after seeing Avatar: See previous post.
http://silent3.blogspot.com/2010/01/putting-things-into-perspective.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home