Wednesday, February 16, 2011

... and sometimes not so mysterious ways

A man is in his house when horrendous rains come up. The water starts rising, and before you know it, we're talking major flood. Roads are covered. And the flood waters keep rising.
 
Pretty soon, a boat comes along. The guy in the boat yells, "'Come on - we're here to save you. Get in the boat."

The man in the house says, "No, I've got faith that God will save me."

The boat leaves. The water keeps rising. The man is forced up the second floor of his house by the flood waters. Another boat comes along. The guy in the boat yells, "Come on! It's getting worse. If you don't get in the boat, you're going to drown."

From the second floor window the man says, "No thanks. I'll be ok. I've got faith in God. He'll save me."

The boat leaves. Water keeps rising. The man scrambles onto his roof. A helicopter hovers overhead and the pilot shouts out, "This is your last chance. Climb up the ladder. If you don't, you're going to drown."

The man says from the roof, "No, thanks. God will save me."

The pilot shrugs his shoulders and flies off.
 
The water covers the top of the house and the man drowns. 
 
He ascends to the Pearly Gates. He asks St. Peter, "What happened? I've been devoted to God all of my life and had absolute faith that He would save me. Why did He let me down?"

And St. Peter tells him, "What the more do you want? God sent you two boats and a helicopter!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home