Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Eye on the Road, Hand off the Phone "

from a friend:

 

I read an article in the Philadelphia Inquirer entitled Eye on the Road, Hand off the Phone that highlighted a new government website that warns against the perils of driving while distracted. 

 

I went on the site this morning, and I encourage all of you to do the same. 

 

Watch the videos. They are short but powerful.  Show them to your kids, your spouse, your friends. 

 

I know I'm not perfect, but I am certainly going to try to be better.  Not only because I'm afraid, but because our kids are watching.  I fear that until, as a society, we take a stand and start to tell others "I'm sorry I won't be available/reachable" during times when we are driving, we will only hear more of these kinds of stories. 

 

It will be hard to adjust our behavior patterns, but most things worth doing are hard. 

 

http://www.distraction.gov/faces/joe-teater.html

 

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home