Sunday, February 08, 2015

Monty Python for Millennials


CUSTOMER: This content is dead.

SHOPKEEPER: No it's not, it's resting.

CUSTOMER: Resting? Now look here, I clicked on this content not two minutes ago and was assured by your headline that I would receive, and I quote, "6 Reasons Why Topanga from Boy Meets Word Will Always Be Your Biggest TV Crush."

SHOPKEEPER: Lovely headline.

CUSTOMER: Lovely it may be. But having secured my click, your article, far from delivering any thoughtful or humorous insights into Ms. Topanga's unique appeal, simply put forth a few lines of predictable drivel about how attractive the actress is. I won't stand for this claptrap!

SHOPKEEPER: Well she is pretty.

CUSTOMER: Of course she's pretty—any 19-year-old blogger could tell me that! The observation that she's good-looking does not itself constitute "content." This article has passed on! It has ceased to be! It's lifeless, intelligence-insulting, tenth-rate clickbait of the lowest order! This is ex-content!

SHOPKEEPER: I'll have to replace it then. How does "4 Cats in Sweaters" sound?


more at:

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/monty-python-for-millennials
King Arthur, Argument Clinic, Cheese Shop...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home