Thursday, June 17, 2021

Musketman’s creed by Tal Dibner






Musketman's Creed

By Tal Dibner

This is my musket. There are many like it, but this one is mine and I bought it from Cabelas.

My musket is not my best friend. It is demanding and requires constant attention.  I must manage it as I have mismanaged my life.

Without me, my musket is useless but should keep its resale value.  Without my musket, I'd probably take up fishing. I must fire my musket elevated. I must shoot elevated rather than at my enemy who isn't elevating enough. I mustn't shoot him even as he shoots me. I will...

My musket and I know that what counts in pretend war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our volley, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is taking hits that count. We will take hits, and try to find a spot in the shade to do so...

My musket is expensive, because it is my Reenacting life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its amazing lack of sights and its barrel. I will keep my musket clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will ...

Before God, I swear I enjoyed Assassins Creed III but will not base my impression upon it.  My musket and I are not the defenders of my country. We are the not even the masters of our weekend. We are trying to be the saviors of my weekend.

So be it, until Farbiness is defeated and there is no enemy, but the start of the workweek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home