Monday, August 17, 2009

"Do the math"... correctly.

from the blog In Iraq Now (at 56)

 
 Earlier I had an argument that would only happen here, at least in my life.  I was walking out the latrine near our motor pool and an old sergeant in third platoon was walking in.  I said hello and he launched into the latest government ripoff.

"Sergeant Gussman, your buddy Ed Rendell just raised my taxes 16% in Pennsylvania."
 He stopped at the urinal and began to multitask. I was glad to be near the door.

"That means he's taking 16 dollars out of every hundred I make. What do you think of that?"  I exited fearing he would lose concentration and some problem would ensue.

When he came outside I said, "Take it easy Sergeant (Arch Conservative) a 16% tax increase on a 2.65% tax is an increase of about 40 CENTS per hundred dollars."

He sputtered, "CNN said 16% and that means $16 per hundred."  Then he calmed down and blamed CNN for misleading him.

He is still upset at Ed Rendell and at CNN and I suppose at me for ruining his perfectly good attack on "those damned Liberals."
 

http://armynow.blogspot.com/2009/07/arguing-in-motor-pool.html


Get back to school stuff for them and cashback for you. Try BingT now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home