Monday, January 01, 2007

Celebrity Death Beeper and more


Celebrity Death Beeper
Emails you when a celebrity or sports figure dies.
Free.
Simple.
Easy.
Fun.
No bull.
Now checking for deaths every 10 minutes

http://www.celebritydeathbeeper.com/

=====

And the Dead People Server has a new twist:

"Now, you can access the latest deaths list from your cell phone
at:
http://216.92.255.170/wap/dps.html "

=====

The Dead People Server once broke up a party at my house.

Back in the mid-90's, my wife and I had several couples over for a get-together. At one point in the evening, someone mentioned Ella Fitzgerald.

One person commented on her passing. Another was sure she was alive. A third thought she was alive, but in critical condition in a hospital.

It was the early days of the World Wide Web, and I had access to it at home via my workplace computer account. I mentioned that I could look it up on the Internet. Most of my friends are bit-heads to some degree, so the prospect of surfing the web at home was novel, and irresistible.

So all of us guys went upstairs to my computer room. I called up the Dead People Server. We looked up Ella Fitzgerald, and then we guys stayed upstairs to surf the net, leaving our wives and girlfriends downstairs, effectively ending the party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home