Monday, January 10, 2011

Firesign Theatre - Everything You Know Is Wrong: The Film

from a music blog:

Few know that the Firesign Theatre's 1974 classic LP Everything You Know Is Wrong was made into a film.  I saw it the cinema a couple years after the LP came out.  I never forgot about seeing it that night, though I was more then a little stoned, and searched video places and catalogs for it.  I finally did find a VHS copy of it and this is the version that present now.  I ripped the VHS to a cheap DVD recorder and then converted it down to this 300 meg copy.  It is enjoyable, but I am not claiming great quality.

For those who have never seen it, the FS performs the LP, miming it in it's entirety.  This video is actually funnier then the album, and that is saying a lot. This is my third favorite album of theirs, after Don't Crush That Dwarf and How Can You Be In Two Places.  You can see that it was made on a shoestring, just look at the sample above, "The Golden Hind". The FS put out other videos in the 80's and 90's that, while funny, seem more like relics of the time they were made in.  Everything You Know Is Wrong, to my eyes, has dated really well.  If you are a fan of the Firesign Theatre, you really should see this.

 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home