Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Humor article in the New Yorker: "Alarm Bells" by Andy Borowitz

excerpt:

If a woman invites me to her place for dinner, I'll ask if she wants me to bring anything. I do this for two reasons: (a) to be polite, and (b) to see if her answer sets off any bells of the alarm-like variety. One time I asked this question and the woman e-mailed me back the following list: (1) duct tape, (2) large "contractor style" garbage bags, (3) shovel, (4) chainsaw.

Whoa! Do I need to spell out what that ring-a-ding-ding sound I started hearing was? Not only did I not bring those items but I bailed on dinner and blocked her on Facebook. Maybe I'm too uptight, but I think a first date is a little early in a relationship to expect someone to bring such nice gifts.


full @ http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2011/09/26/110926sh_shouts_borowitz


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home